Thursday, March 19, 2015

2015 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Its that time of year again. The 2015 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament is underway as we speak. Brackets have been made, bets have been placed, and tourney weekend is in full effect. If you have followed men's college basketball this year, I'm sure you know who the favorites are this year. The Kentucky men's basketball team enters the tournament 34-0, the first team to enter the tournament undefeated since Indiana did so back in 1976. There are already rumors flying from sports analyst saying this years Kentucky team could compete in the NBA playoffs. I am an avid believer that no college team could truly compete at the professional level. This being said, Kentucky may be able to give some teams a run for their money. They are entered into the tournament as a #1 seed. The last time they were seeded first, back in 2012, they went on to win the championship. I don't see anyone in the midwest region really being too much of a competition for Kentucky. The #2 seed, Kansas, lost to Kentucky earlier this year by something like 30 points. As far as true competition, I believe that Wisconsin and Duke are two teams that could really give Kentucky a run for their money. They each have NBA caliber big men, Frank Kaminsky and Jahlil Okafor, who may be able to subdue some of the Kentucky big men. I look forward to seeing how things pan out and am very excited for the games.

2 comments:

  1. Cole I am glad you brought up the NCAA tournament. While I am not a basketball fan, I think that this tournament is well run and enjoyable to watch. I think Kentucky is a really good team, as for the best of all time, I am not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already had a blast watching all of the tournament games so far! I am a HUGE Kentucky fan (I'm even wearing a sweatshirt right now) so of course I have them going all the way. I really believe this team can go undefeated. But it will be an interesting time seeing them get there. There have been several games this season that they have struggled through. They even had a sluggish start last night against Hampton! gah! Nonetheless, in my opinion (which may be a bias one) they are the best team on the bracket!

    ReplyDelete